Personalized Nutrition for Vibrant Health
Are you suffering with these common conditions?
- recurrent vaginal infections
- painful or heavy menstruation
- headaches or migraines
- musculoskeletal pain
- skin problems
- joint pain
- emotional challenges
- weight gain
- trouble with sleep
- brain fog
- food cravings
- heartburn or acid reflux
- constipation, diarrhea or both
Perhaps you've been told that "nothing is wrong" or you're taking prescription medications that only relieve your symptoms somewhat. I will guide you through nutrition and lifestyle changes that give you the power to feel better and help you avert or manage more serious conditions like cancer, heart disease, and autoimmune disease.
My approach is different.
- I work with you as a person, not as a set of symptoms or a disease.
- I take a systems-based approach to look at how your body functions, not just your symptoms. This method is called Functional Nutrition.
- I dig deep into your past habits and exposures, even before you were born.
- I help your body heal itself with targeted nutrition and lifestyle suggestions rather than giving you bandaids to cover up the problem.
Are you ready to form a partnership with me to discover your most vibrant self?
I earned a B.S. in biochemistry and spent my early career working in publishing and communications for scientific research organizations. In 2010, I was ready for a career change that shifted my focus to working with people rather than words on a page, so I decided to pursue a nutrition consultant certification. During that time, I delved further into my health concerns with a functional medicine practitioner. I thought I was doing most things right, but discovered that I had major hormonal imbalances, nutritional deficiencies, and toxicities that dramatically increased my risk of breast cancer.
I started to work on correcting these issues, but it was too late. At age 50, I was diagnosed with aggressive breast cancer and a second primary tumor wrapped around my spinal cord.